Europa-List: Welding Cable, again

Subject: Europa-List: Welding Cable, again
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:05:52

Gidday,
I'm trying to plan my electrical run from a rear mounted battery. I know that I
can get #2 gauge wire to do the job, but having never seen it or used it, I have
researched the list. It seems that welding wire is an option, recommended
in fact by Bob Nuckolls for its workability. The fire retardant properties of
the insulation are not great, but hey, a fire in a cockpit is going to kill you
long before the fumes will. So, has anyone got experience using the welding
cables, and any specific advice regarding which type to get etc.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie........home building, of sorts