Europa-List: desperately looking for CAP NSI140 operation manual

Subject: Europa-List: desperately looking for CAP NSI140 operation manual
From: Marcel <m.flick@quicknet.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:07:03

Owning now a Europa XS TG with Rotax 914UL engine  and the CAP140 NSI prop I am
having troubles to operate the variable pitch prop. The previous owner didn't
know anything of this prop control.
I have a big switch you can toggle up and down to vary the prop pitch and so the
RPM ,this works fine, but there are several push buttons, called CAL, UP, DOWN,
RESET and ENTER switches. I can input figures from +90 down to -30 and then
the digital display says something like BETA < 7.5.
I'm trying to fly the aircraft but my engine is getting very hot and over RPM is
possible, so the adjustment of the prop limit pitch is beyond limits I guess.
Tried to find expertise around but not successfull.
Is there anybody out there to help me understand how to operate this CAP NSI140
pitch controller and how to alter or set the correct pitch for a rotax914
Thank you very much for your help!!!

Marcel Flick
m.flick@quicknet.nl or +31652677115

Read this topic online here: