Re: Europa-List: Re: Check your Landing Gear Retraction Lever Strut (Mod

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Check your Landing Gear Retraction Lever Strut (Mod
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@redzone.com.au>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 11:33:25
> > Do you have a pix of the pivot point along the side of the tunnel?

Fred,

Attached are the only two photos I have that may help.

I was a little fortunate with this project because I had at my disposal, the
drum brake actuator from a Blanik sailplane.  The shaft that goes through
the bush has a spline on one end and a removable square piece on the other.
The arm you see attached to the spline is the original part off the
sailplane so all I had to do was extend it.

The alloy bush is home made of course and goes right through the plywood
stiffener.

I made square holes in the latch arm and the doubler to fit over the square
on the wheel well side and stuck it all together with glue.  (to think I
didn't even know such stuff as Redux existed before embarking on the
Europa!!)  The square piece is discernable in one of the photos in my last
post just below the split pin that wasn't split in the photo !

Twould be a breeze for you Fred !

Cheers
Kingsley