Europa-List: Pierburg Fuel Pumps.......replacement??

Subject: Europa-List: Pierburg Fuel Pumps.......replacement??
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:46:54
Gidday,
I was reviewing e-mails and stumbled upon this one from Dan of Billet
Pumps, the replacement mechanical fuel pump for 914 a/c. I thought it
might be interesting for some. Bob Borger is the one to ask, and he has
details on Billet pumps, including pictures are at:

http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=78854

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie

As for the 912, about 24 months ago Rotax was forced to change vendors
on the Fuel engine driven pump.. the German company "Pierburg"
http://contrails.free.fr/engine_pierburg_en.php decided not to supply
fuel pumps anymore for Rotax ... Rotax was forced to find another
manufacture ... they chose AC ... since going to AC they have been
replacing pumps left and right ... some of the pump start leaking within
10 hours ..
If you are lucky and the pump last for 75 hrs ... usually it will last
.. I have customers that purchase the CZAW SportCruiser from us and are
on their 4th fuel pump ... So we decided to solve the problem ..
ie, BilletPump.... OK now you have the story..

Dan ...
dan@isbycpi.com