Re: Europa-List: Pierburg Fuel Pumps.......replacement??

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Pierburg Fuel Pumps.......replacement??
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:58:56
Fellow Europaphiles,

So far, my tests with the Billet Mechanical Fuel pump have been excellent.
Unfortunately,
I elected to make two modifications at the same time; fuel pump and
brake.  The brake mod is almost complete but I have been having problems getting
all the air from the system.  Can't really test the pump till I have a viable
brake.  I'll be back at the hanger in the morning and back to bleeding the
brake trying to get the air out of the lines.  Once I have brakes, I can
complete
testing of the pump and I hope to have two excellent modifications for you
to see: 1) a high-performance mechanical fuel pump for the 914 and 2) an
improved
brake system for the monowheel.

Soooooo close... Hopefully, good report and good pics to post tomorrow.

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On Jun 30, 2010, at 17:46, Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Gidday,
> I was reviewing e-mails and stumbled upon this one from Dan of Billet Pumps,
the replacement mechanical fuel pump for 914 a/c. I thought it might be
interesting
for some. Bob Borger is the one to ask, and he has details on Billet pumps,
including pictures are at:

> http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=78854
>
> Reg
> Tony Renshaw
> Sydney Aussie
>
> As for the 912, about 24 months ago Rotax was forced to change vendors on the
> Fuel engine driven pump.. the German company "Pierburg"
> http://contrails.free.fr/engine_pierburg_en.php decided not to supply fuel
> pumps anymore for Rotax ... Rotax was forced to find another manufacture ...
> they chose AC ... since going to AC they have been replacing pumps left and
> right ... some of the pump start leaking within 10 hours ..
> If you are lucky and the pump last for 75 hrs ... usually it will last .. I
> have
customers that purchase the CZAW SportCruiser from us and are on their 4th
fuel pump ... So we decided to solve the problem ..