Europa-List: Rope acting as kill switch.

Subject: Europa-List: Rope acting as kill switch.
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 01:27:15

Frans,
I think for all the effort in getting the battery out, it might be better to get
yourself out. Why not open the door which will no doubt tear off, and of course
wearing a shute, jump clear? Now what we need to discuss is the most appropriate
manoeuvre to put the a/c into so that when "we" depart the a/c,  we don't
hit the tail, or it doesn't hit us. I am suggesting an inverted bunt might
be the best, but you need to remember to undo your belt before you do it. So,
maybe we connect the rope that was to eject the battery to the door, and to the
seat belt restraint? Then, when the door is opened it pulls the rope, which
disables the seat belt attach? If the bunt became the manoeuvre of choice, we
could harden up the system and make the rope attached to the door, undo the
seatbelt
restraint and also deploy a drogue chute in anticipation of the bunt manoeuvre?
Of course that would only give you a minuscule amount of time in which
to roll inverted and bunt, to spit you out before your drogue shute drags you
through the aft part of the a/c, but, thats an incentive to get on with it,
so no "chickening out". I reckon we can work more on this rope idea, for lots
of other functionality. I suggest a rope thread.
Reg
late at night, too much soccer, and beer. I would have  been OK had Frans not
provoked
me. ;-)

On 18/06/2010, at 11:47 PM, Frans Veldman wrote:

> On 06/18/2010 06:30 AM, Tony Renshaw wrote:
>
>> is there another way of achieving this same goal? I suppose in the case of a
crash it would mean that you would have voltage still coming forward