Re: Europa-List: Intercooler for 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Intercooler for 914
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:31:30

On 06/10/2010 03:24 AM, rparigoris wrote:

> Has anyone measured the air-box temperature drop (if any) when using the inter
cooler (Bell?) installed as per Factory instructions (John Hurst)?

Furhter investigation revealed that measuring the airbox temperature is
not an easy task. The sensor has to be mounted in the metal heat
conducting airbox, and measure the temperature of a very bad heat
conductor inside. It appears to be difficult to prevent heat from the
airbox itself to influence the sensor.
I prepared a special temperature sensor for this, but even this sensor
appears to leak some heat from the mounting thread to the tip.
I have asked UMA to make a special airbox temperature sensor for me. If
anyone is interested, I can ask them to make a few more of these.

Frans