Europa-List: COOLING & NACA DUCTS

Subject: Europa-List: COOLING & NACA DUCTS
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:48:33
FRANS et al -
        I appreciate the thought that a NACA duct "lets air in" rather than
blows it in, but am reminded of a variant of the NA F-86 SABRE with a solid
nose and side NACA ducts for the engine intake!
        I forget the  variant number but I don't recall any complaint from
the testing of same - but there might have been some......   If not, surely
the engine would demand more flow than just "letting it in"?
Cheers, Ferg
PS: I fashioned a small duct designed and fabricated per the original
dimension ratio which directs 1.25 inch air onto the Ducati thing. (Fussing
about flying in rain tho'