Europa-List: Fuel Head

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Head
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:20:44

Gidday,
Is there any advantage in elevating my fuel system downstream of my fuel pumps
located low in the system quickly up to selectors and filters within the tunnel,
to minimise the fuel "quantity", and "mass" when it comes to minimising the
effects of head. I recall reading the fuel pumps have an 18" head, which is OK
for us, but it would actually suit me to elevate it quickly in the back of the
tunnel to the underside of a shelf I have cross tunnel, quite close to the
top at the mid tunnel position. I suppose the flip side is that if you had a
very
shallow angle, you could ultimately get a volume of fluid a pump couldn't
push. Does anyone see a problem with this idea.??
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Ausssie