Europa-List: Trim and such

Subject: Europa-List: Trim and such
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:51:17
        I admire the authors of that exchange of views regarding the tabs on
the Europa stabilator. I've had enough training in aerodynamics (ca.1950)
and forgotten most - to appreciate the mental shuttling required to design
and forestall the effects of the air on the controls throughout the travel
range.
        Ivan and his associates certainly have my respect. It DOES seem to
me that disregarding inaccurate shape, inappropriate weight balance or
excess system friction, hands off trim should show the tabs aligned with the
stab. At any rate if not warned otherwise, I'll fuss if the tabs aren't
aligned if/when flies.........
        A064 is now anent C-FFGG.
cheers, Ferg