Re: Europa-List: Re: 914 coolant temp

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: 914 coolant temp
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 16:14:37
Hi All,

I recently replaced the coolant hoses on my engine so while I had them all
off I put a thermister in the reservoir.  To do this I needed to TIG weld on
a patch of aluminum to make it thick enough so I could put a thread in it
for the temperature sensor.

To be honest, unless you have a particular reason to be pulling it apart
using the use the Lockwood-supplied t-splice is much easier.

General question to the forum.  I have often wondered if the heads got
annealed if it would be practical to have them heat treated.  I would assume
that the value guide inserts and the seats would have to be removed and re
installed after treatment.

Thoughts anyone ?

Paul