RE: Europa-List: 2-blade props

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 2-blade props
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 01:29:16

Graham=2C

I am shure you are correct=2C but in my experience I have not noticed more
vibration=2C once the carbs ar well balanced.

Advantages are  -  less weight=2C less money=2C less maintenance=2C easier
to balance=2C easier to ship in one piece=2C better visibility when feather
ed on MG=2C less drag=2C and bottom cowling comes off easily=2C without hav
ing to remove tailpipe etc.

Why do most GA aircraft have 2-blade props  ?

Karl