Re: Europa-List: Ampreg 21

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ampreg 21
From: John Heykoop <john.heykoop@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:21:46
I believe I was the first UK builder to use Ampreg 21. I ran out of Ampreg
20 while doing finishing work. Europa eventually supplied me with Ampreg 21
after talking to the LAA who gave informal approval.

I suspect that someone at the LAA said it was OK to use Ampreg 21, having
been told that it was going to be used for finishing, and that Europa
misunderstood this as general approval for Ampreg 21 as a replacement for
Ampreg 20.

Like others who have reported on Ampreg 21 I was not terribly happy with the
stuff. No doubt better for the environment (and for my health), but I
preferred working with Ampreg 20.

John Heykoop
Europa XS mono G-JHKP (Kit #537)
(being painted)