Re: Europa-List: Test pilot wanted for the PH-DIY

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Test pilot wanted for the PH-DIY
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:01:39
Frans=0AIvan is home any day now, I expect we will talk soon so I will ask
him=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Fran
s Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent:
Tuesday, 13 April, 2010 18:51:36=0ASubject: Europa-List: Test pilot wanted
@privatepilots.nl>=0A=0AHi everyone,=0A=0AWho has followed this forum recen
tly knows that the PH-DIY is for some=0Atime ready to fly.=0A=0ASo far we h
ave not been lucky with our test pilots. We had one very good=0Aoption in t
he Netherlands, but his wife didn't like the idea at all.=0AIvan Shaw doesn
't answer and apparently is on a cruise (and after his=0Areturn probably de
aling with a huge backlog). Andy Draper is willing to=0Ado it, but his agen
da appears to be overloaded. Take the weather into=0Athe equation, and it i
s almost impossible to make an appointment and=0Areserve a flight for him t
o come over.=0A=0ASo, we are now sitting under a bright blue sky, next to a
 shiny new=0Aairplane, while other airplanes are passing over our house, un
able to=0Afly, and not really knowing what to do now.=0A=0AIt is tempting t
o Do It Yourself, but as a low timer with no experience=0Ain an Europa this
 wouldn't be the wisest thing to do, so far we managed=0Ato resist the temp
tation.=0A=0ADoes anyone of you know a capable test pilot? It doesn't has t
o be an=0Aofficial test pilot, but someone with good experience in Europa's
 and=0Aother planes, and knowing how to conduct a first flight.=0A=0AWe hav
e options here to take the initial lessons in our Europa, so what=0Awe need
 is only someone with a flexible agenda who is capable and=0Awilling to do
the first flight.=0ARules are easy here: As far as the government is concer
ned, anyone with=0Aa valid JAR PPL is entitled to fly the PH-DIY. There are
 no restrictions=0Ain time, distance or weight.=0A=0AOf course we will pay
for expenses and time.=0A=0AIlona & Frans=0A=0A(From the North of The Nethe