Re: Europa-List: outrigger wheels

Subject: Re: Europa-List: outrigger wheels
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 08:45:49

Hi Ferg...thanks for the price update on those wheels!!...the $7.81
price was good back in Sept. '09.

BTW, I don't know of anyone who has inspected or mounted that
particular wheel. Although it's still reasonably priced, as I learned
more about the world of precision bearings, there are multiple grades
(ABEC ratings). If I recall correctly, these "Easy-Roll" wheels,
although they do have "maintenance-free precision bearings", they have
the lowest possible rating.

I wouldn't imagine that parts ordered from www.skates.com would raise
any eyebrows with the technology-transfer-police...see my email of 31
Mar 10. The wheels I ordered came w/ ABEC 5 bearings...for a few more
bucks I also ordered some ABEC 9 bearings, but frankly, the wheels w/
the #5 bearings are wonderful silent spinners and I see Eric Trombley
has had good experience with them.

Cheers,

Fred