Re: Europa-List: Fuel dripping from airbox 914 ?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel dripping from airbox 914 ?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:28:09

On 03/26/2010 05:51 PM, Bob Borger wrote:

> Off the top of my head, I'd guess a sticky float or restriction in the fuel
> return
line.

It appeared to be a sticky float or valve. I took the carb out, cleaned
it although I couldn't find anything serious that could have clogged the
valve or float, just some residu left from evaporated fuel. Apparently
that did it, no more fuel overflow, and the engine, after rebalancing
the carbs, ran fine.

My previous problem after a long pause, oil seeping into the turbo
housing to be blown out at the first start, was this time almost non
existent. Just a little bit of oil was collected in 4 months, far less
than previous winter stop. I guess it was indeed a seal that needed to
"settle".

So, first flight can be performed any time now, as soon as weather and
testpilots cooperate. ;-)

Frans