Europa-List: Early Mods and Build Manual

Subject: Europa-List: Early Mods and Build Manual
From: Jan de Jong <jandejong@casema.nl>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 05:47:24

Having a bad cold, can't sleep, so here.
Fiddling with the cockpit module - before bonding in - I found that the
rudder cable pulleys should really be oriented about 4 degrees (1 in 15)
---From vertical to avoid sideways loads. A consequence of Mod 17 I now
understand. The Build Manual doesn't mention this. Most have probably
solved the problem by mounting extra guides forward of the pulleys.
I wonder whether the consequences of other early improvements (fuel tank
gas treatment and bonding comes to mind) are fully reflected in the
Build Manual.
If similar instances of incompleteness have been found I would like to know.
Cheers,
Jan de Jong