Re: Europa-List: Wondering

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wondering
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 02:44:28

Graham-

I have been talking with the Jab. people in Tenn. as I go throught it and I
 purchased one of the little 30 degree elbows from them.=C2- Jab. also re
commends thoroughly smoothing the area around the 2 1/4 inch tube leading o
ut of the airbox and I have done so.=C2- This would all seem to support a
 smooth flow, but at this point I know nothing, since it is not yet running
.=C2- As an initial shot, I am going 100% with the Jab. recommendations,
then we will see.=C2- Their feeling is that cooling will be OK.=C2- The
 more recent engines (mine being one) have larger fins on 5 and 6, and they
 say this helps.=C2- Also, on the tri-gear, there is an easier exit for c
ooling air, and that supposedly helps too.=C2- I have individual EGT prob
es on each cylinder, so will be able to watch it.=C2- Also, they say that
 the baffles you can install in the cooling shrouds can be tuned to get it
just right.=C2- As I say, I have no way of knowing if any on this is corr
ect.=C2- Talk to me in about 3 months.

You can also install pipes off the cooling shroud pointed at components you
 wish to cool, and I may find it necessary to do that with the fuel pump.
=C2-

Jim