Europa-List: Re: Foreign owner of British registered Europa

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Foreign owner of British registered Europa
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:29:08

Graham, are you sure about the LAA not being happy with that? The LAA did not
make
any issue or gave me any warning about that when I bought mine a little over
a year ago.

You are right about test-flying outside of the UK once the permit has expired:
once expired, you have to test-fly within the UK.

Inspections can be done outside the UK though, the only requirement for that is
you have an LAA-inspector come over and do the inspection and sign of the
paperwork.

>From practicality, keeping it on the UK register does pose some issues: it
>either
will be quite expensive (having to pay for travel/accomodation for having
an LAA-inspector fly over) or time-consuming (for having to fly to/from the UK
to perform the inspection). That was my main reason for moving mine to the Dutch
register.

Cheers
Marcel

Read this topic online here: