Re: Europa-List: Flap cross tube

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap cross tube
From: William Daniell <wdaniell@etb.net.co>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:02:14

thanks to everyone

I looked at  the SB which stipulates a max of 15mm between the root and
the cross tube bearing at full deflection at which point the minimum pin
engagement is 10mm on a 1" length flap drive pin.

By moving my tube to the right at full deflection so that the distance
between bearing and root face is 11mm my hinge brackets are positioned
with the 3/16 hole center not less than 1/2 from the edge of the hard
point which I would guess is adequate.

As to why this has occurred I am not really too sure.  the root of one
of the wings is slightly further away from the fuselage than the other.
Given that the spar alignment bush holes are pre-drilled I assumed that
this is normal...

Will