Europa-List: Re: 30A slo-blo fuse

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 30A slo-blo fuse
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 05:33:38

Rowland,

Buss makes a blade fuse series called Maxi which are slow  blow fuses.

As an example, a 30A Maxi when subjected to 100A blows in about 2 sec.  A 30A
ATC
fuse (the common automotive fuse) when subjected to 100A blows in about .6
sec.

We used a 30A Maxi for our Rotax alternator output.

We used simple fuselinks as described in Aeroelectric (just short pieces of 24
AWG wire) to protect wire runs for indicator lights instead of 1A fuses.

If you can't locate Maxi fuses in UK, we can send them to you.  They are cheap!

Jim & Heather
N241BW

Read this topic online here: