Europa-List: Vents

Subject: Europa-List: Vents
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 11:53:13
John and Frans,

On my aircraft (monowheel) the Naca vents are effective without an
especially designed output. Experiments clearly show that the air is
escaping through the gear/flaps control level slot. How is it on
trigears? I do not know.
Moreover, I do not like the idea of sucking too much air from the
cockpit so that cockpit pressure is below ambiant pressure as this will
favor any carbon monoxide/exhaust gases in the vicinity to enter the
cockpit. This is especially critical on the Europa as the configuration
of the firewall makes it very difficult to seal it completely.

Remi Guerner
F-PGKL

<<<<<<<<<<The key to getting the NACA vent to supply enough air to the
eyeballs is  to
> provide a place for the incoming cockpit air to escape.
Oh yes, I forgot that in my previous mail. I have made an outlet in the
D-panel, attached to a scat tube that runs to the tail, >>>>>>>>>>>