Europa-List: Re: Altimeter

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Altimeter
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:38:27

Hi Richard,

I think this could be one of those cases of "you get what you pay for".
You may or may not be aware that Wultrad/Falcon equipment is Chinese.
Anyway, there is some discussion of altimeter problems at
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.homebuilt/browse_thread/thread/2b9ec87c6a82fb43

This is hearsay but I understand that maintenance shops in the US will
not touch these items. Another story is that ASI dial markings have been
individually custom painted to match the gauge calibration rather than
calibrating the gauge to match the markings.

Cheers, John