AW: Europa-List: Emergency parachutes, opinions?

Subject: AW: Europa-List: Emergency parachutes, opinions?
From: uvtreith <uvtreith@tonline.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:51:24
Hi All,

Our Europa Aircraft friends in CZ are developing at present together with
Galaxy a rescue system for the Europa plane.

As far as I now they will use (at present) steel ropes (maybe too stiff).
Two of them will have a "leading groove" underneath of the door sills, which
can easily break away. The other fixing point(s) will be behind the canopy,
so that the system is balanced. But as Graham says, the bird will hang with
nose down a bit, so that the engine/nose gear will take the first impact.

Please visit www.europa-aircraft.cz <http://www.europa-aircraft.cz/>  and
click the bottom links for Galaxy. The Info there is also in English.

I am sure some Europa pilots could be still with us when they would have a
rescue system.

IMHO a parachute is not a good solution (except for test flying of course)
as the most crashes will happen at lower flight level.

The Galaxy system is using a rocket ejection which will get out and open the
rescue parachute also in lower levels.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a safe, enjoyful and healthy 2010.

Bruno

Europa Aircraft Germany

  _____