Re: Europa-List: Is there such a thing as bidirectional peel ply?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Is there such a thing as bidirectional peel ply?
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 21:16:23

This material exists as 'biaxial' (i.e. bias-cut) finishing tape for fabric
covered a/c, and is made of polyester/Ceconite/Stits/Polyfiber, much the
same as peel ply. Because it is bias cut is will go around compound curves.
The Polyfiber product may have been sized with silicone for the purpose of
weaving the basic fabric, so good luck with that!

Quite expensive though and I would imagine very difficult to remove; it
would pull apart into many short pieces. It would be easier to bais-cut
strips of peel ply from a sheet of polyester fabric.

Duncan McF.