Europa-List: Re: Southern USA DOTH

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Southern USA DOTH
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:19:03

In a message dated 10/28/2009 3:05:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
europa-list@matronics.com writes:

These  are not as clear as we were expecting but we only hope to
inspire.

Hey Jeff,

Susan is currently off in the Smokies hiking with her mother for a few
days. When she gets back I'll get her photos and post them. She has some good

pictures, but they are currently in raw format and need to be converted to
JPEG. I have been sternly instructed prior to her departure this  morning to
not mess with them and wait until she returns.

Before you arrived at Habersham there was a group of RV's who also  flew in
for lunch. There was also a  beautiful Stinson Gull Wing named "Big  Fred",
several Luscombs and one of those new Czech Sport Cruisers. They all
departed shortly before you and Karen arrived, though. One of the RV guys
treated us to a 200 kt fly by, then did slow rolls on downwind as he waited for

the others in his group to take off before he made another high speed pass.
Then, they all left in formation. Susan has pictures of all of them, too.

Sure was fun! I'm out of shrimp and need to make a trip down to Pensacola
in the not too distant future. I'll ping you when I see a weather window
that  cooperates. I also want to make sure they aren't having a red tide. They

tend  to have those this time of year. We were down there last year when a
red tide bloomed and you could not stay out on the beach without suffering
respiratory distress. It was nasty. I've been wanting to check out the
museum at  the Pensacola Naval Air Station. Maybe that would be a good
distraction if the  beach area is having a red tide. We've been wanting to go to

Lambert's  restaurant, home of the world famous "throwed rolls", over in Foley,

AL. It's  about 20 minutes west of Pensacola and the restaurant will send a
courtesy car  to pick you up at the airport in Foley if you call ahead.

Jeff B., a Pensacola DOTH would be a good one for you to attend!

Regards,

John  Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)
N245E -  Flying