Europa-List: Mod 73 Problem

Subject: Europa-List: Mod 73 Problem
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 00:15:08
Good day to All,

Well, I finally got around to doing Mod 73 on a yet-to-fly XS kit and the
first tailplane went well but after pulling off the second I found that the
TP6  sleeve has, somehow, rotated and now shows shiny metal in the hole of
the  fiberglass layup previously done for the top PIP pin insertion hole. My
guess is  a rotation of about 20 degrees. Am I now going to have to tear
into both top and  bottom access hole in order to rebond this sleeve to the
outboard rib? Anyone  else have this problem? I thought that I had used a
sufficient amount of grease  on the torque tube but still had a little problem

removing the  second tailplane.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Duane  A207A
Redding, California