Re: Europa-List: Re: worn aileron hinges

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: worn aileron hinges
From: Michel AUVRAY <mau11@free.fr>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:24:41

Graham Singleton a crit :
> <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
>
> Jonathan Milbank wrote:
>> <jdmilbank@hotmail.com>
>>
>> Thanks Svein. I'll soon remove my wings, unscrew the ailerons and
>> take a close look at how much wear there is. Regards. Jonathan
>>
> Jonathan
> have a look at this web site; http://www.uslan.com/hinge-kit.html
> This might be what you need if its still available
> Graham

Hi all,
I have one problem with my ailerons hinges some years ago, they have too
much play.
Klaus Dietrich give me a solution to reduce the play:

You remove ailerons hinge and install your aileron on the table. You use
cyanoacrylate glue
On each hing extremity, use a small quantity (drop of glue) and during
two minutes you move the other hinge part continusly.
You repeat this on each hinge extremity.

The cyanoacrylate dry on the fixing part of the hinge and constitue a
small bearing around the hinge pin. After there is no play.
I may that  6 years ago with total satisfaction, no play.

Excuse my poor english
This solution is easy and cheap!

--

       --|--