Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 11 Msgs - 09/16/09

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 11 Msgs - 09/16/09
From: Karel Vranken <karelvranken9@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:12:56
To all,
When Dirk and me planned to go to Texel, we would have made the Waddentrip
on Sunday till Wangerooge and then fly back over mid-Germany to our home
base at Leopoldsburg, Belgium. We cancelled the Waddentrip because the
weather over Germany for our return was not what we expected good VFR
conditions. We met Jiri twice before and he was very agreable company; now
we missed him because we didn't stay the night over and returned on
Saturday. Nowadays we can get good meteo information. Let us take a lesson
out of this accident. We are good weather pilots and fly in only VFR
conditions with our small airplanes.
Nevertheless, I am very sad for what happened to the brothers Vicharek, and
hope some one will bring my condoleances to their families.
Karel Vranken.