Re: Europa-List: Paint Brands Suggentions for composite Aircraft

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Paint Brands Suggentions for composite Aircraft
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:11:02

Jeff,
After using K38 (PPG) high build primer and blocking down several times
I then used Sherwin Williams Geniuses automotive finish. One coat then
one wet coat and that was it. Looks good. However, If I had to do it
all over again I would use these...
  http://www.loehle.com/loehle_aero_coatings_on_rv_aircr.htm

Mike Loehle will be at Rough River and anyone is interested they can
sit in on a talk he's giving on his finishes to the Louisville EAA
chapter.
Regards,

Jeff R.

A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush  Driving into Rough River Saturday morning
and spending the night.
Bud... I'll bring the miller light since I'm driving.