Europa-List: Re: Pipe clamps

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Pipe clamps
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:09:32

I do not believe the odor of mogas that has always been presenct in my Europa
emanates
---From any of the connections of the hose to connector hardware. Rather
some volatile components of the fuel seem to permeate through the hose itself.
When I replaced the factory supplied Gates R7 spec hoses this year with Gates
R9 hose, the smell of fuel was quite a bit reduced. R9 hose is fuel injection
rated hose with a specified lower permeance to fuel (also, longer working life).
I used bare hose aft of the tank selector switch, and stainless braided forward
of the switch and throughout the engine compartment.

Ira

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: