Re: Europa-List: Spark plug caps

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Spark plug caps
From: R Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:50:04

nigel charles wrote:

> A friend of mine with an ARV needs to replace the spark plug caps on his
> Rotax 914. He was horrified to find that Rotax price them at 33 each.
> At the moment only 2 of the caps are loose but he had planned to change
> all 8 but at that price he is having second thoughts. Has anyone found a
> cheaper source? Such a high price is a ridiculous rip off.

It is all down to how easily they fit on the ht cable.

And if it is certified or not !

NGK sell plug caps :

http://www.startright.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2309

Also see

http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/pages/technical/ngk-plug-cap-code.htm

Now the plug caps we use are for the threaded top plugs,
but the same plugs are available with a "nipple" on it,
which would allow the use of a more conventional plug cap.

Of course if his plug caps are loose, is there any chance
he can "tighten them up" !!! (as he wil have to tighten up
the new plug cap(s) !

RFWH