Europa-List: Ducati voltage - ATTN Frans Veldman

Subject: Europa-List: Ducati voltage - ATTN Frans Veldman
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:33:04
Frans,
        You said:
"You can connect this [12V point "C"] directly to the adjacent connector
('B' or 'R', which carries the actual output)............but a more correct
way is to connect it directly to the battery......."
        At the bottom of page78 of the Install 914F manual/1996 05 10,
titled "Requirements for flawless operation of the rectifier-regulator". The
fifth item states "never sever connection between terminal C and +B of
regulator e.g. by removal of a fuse".
        Or these two quotes mutually acceptable, or have I misinterpreted
the meaning. I don't mean by removing a fuse, but separating C and +B on the
regulator? I suppose I should scan the electric circuit of the regulator but
I'm lazy.
Cheers, Ferg
A064 Europa Classic 914 CSprop