Re: Europa-List: Panel Testing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Panel Testing
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:36:47
You're OK.
Most instruments (VDO/Mitchell) read zero (or high ohms) open and pegged
(low ohms) or shorted to ground.  Depends on the sender.  Most engine
instruments use a resister that sends 5 volts to the sender wire.  They
read the differential voltage through the sender to ground.  Ground the
sender wire and it should read zero.  Fuel senders are an odd sort,
depends on the manufacturer, type (resistive or capacitance).

Bud Yerly