Europa-List: Carb Mate / Rough River / Cooling

Subject: Europa-List: Carb Mate / Rough River / Cooling
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:05:33
Hi All,
I just finished a few days back balancing my carbs with the new Carb
Mate the the Rotax Owners had on video not too long ago. Just want to
say it was much easier than I thought it would be and the unit was very
easy to use. Jeff of Baby Blue. Thanks for your encouragement! Your
we're right. The carbs we're very easy to take apart and clean. I'm
happy to say the engine has never run so smooth.
Now here is the deal... The company in Canada I ordered it from filled
my order twice. In other words I have two of them. I told the company
before I send one back I'll check with the list to see If anyone coming
to Rough River would be interested in the other one. If you are please
let me know off list and I'll be glad to bring it in it's new box. 1st
come 1st served ;-) The price is $223.40 but that includes all the
extras and the shipping. You can see it at www.bullyhawk.com.

On another note for anyone still having cooling issues.

I have struggled with this for 3 years every time it got over 90
degrees when climbing out. I thought I'd never solve it as everything I
did didn't help.
2 weeks ago I removed the upper metal tunnel or cooling duct and
lowered it about an inch or so more in the rear but left the front up
high. There's now about an inch and a half between the muffler and the
top of the metal duct. I already had the oil cooler lowered behind the
water radiator but this time I lowered the water radiator about a half
an inch. While I had it all apart I changed from Evans to 50/50. I
can't say which one of these moves made the difference. I would suspect
they all helped, but it was 96 out last week as I tested it in a steep
climb. The CHT temps never broke 230. I couldn't even get it to heat up
on the ground with long taxies or run ups. Last winter I also made the
plenum for over the cylinder cooling fins so now my front to rear CHT's
are within 10 degrees of each other. Needless to say I'm very pleased.
Hope any of this helps others with similar problems.
Regards,

Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 196 hours and and still learning.