Re: Europa-List: FS450 calibration

Subject: Re: Europa-List: FS450 calibration
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 20:54:06

Karl, I have a 914 with FS450 and 2 transponders. My understanding is that
the flow through the filters, pump/s and pressure valve and return line is
considerably in excess of the normal fuel consumption, and depends on the
efficiency of your pumps how clean the filters are, and the calibre of the
fuel lines. Although the flow to the pressure valve will increase with
greater engine power & fuel consumption, it will not be in strict proportion
as there is considerable flow through the valve and the return pipe when the
engine is not running. In consequence you cannot hope to get a reliable
indication of fuel consumption without measuring fuel flow out & return &
getting the instrument to subtract them. Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ