Europa-List: Re: Help: cracked muffler

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Help: cracked muffler
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 19:20:17

Hello Jean-Philippe,

I imagine that in Grenoble there are several automotive exhaust
repair and custom build shops.  I had my original exhaust repair-
welded twice in different locations before ultimately replacing the whole
system.

You did not mention the vintage of your system, but like the current
vintage, it is probably a stainless system and best welded with a TIG
system - in my opinion no job for a beginner. Have an experienced
shop do it.

Next, you should try to determine why this crack occured.  Do you have
a long final exhaust pipe? Is the exhaust banging against some part
of the cowl or other structure?

Good Luck,

Ira

--------