Europa-List: Re: NPT threads

Subject: Europa-List: Re: NPT threads
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 15:48:12
Hi Svein,

For any threaded fuel joints I recommend that you use Hylomar sealant
which is a non-hardening product developed by Rolls Royce many years
ago. It is used widely in many high performance applications. You can
find information and suppliers with a Google search for "Hylomar" or
"Permatex Hylomar". You need the 'Universal Blue' product. For clean up,
you can use methylene chloride.

I do not recommend that you use Teflon tape. This product is forbidden
in the petro-chemical industry after catastrophic plant failures have
been traced back to small pieces of tape which have blocked critical
control instrumentation orifices.

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina