Europa-List: Throttle fix

Subject: Europa-List: Throttle fix
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 13:18:53

Gents,

Don't know if any of you remember or not, but I kinked the throttle
cable and had to come up with a suitable replacement.  I believe I
have found a good working solution that should not have any further
problem with kinking.

Mind you, I am not recommending this solution to anyone else only
pointing out what worked for me.  You are on your own for a solution
to this problem should you kink your throttle cable.

I've posted my solution on my build web site should you be interested.

Unfortunately, the solution came with another setback.  In order to
get the wire to exit the cable sheath, I had to disconnect the cable
sheath end at the starboard carb mount.  As I was unscrewing the nut
holding things, the sheath took the bit in its teeth and made a run
for it flinging the nut off into the vicinity of Neverland or there
'bouts.  Since this is a metric nut I don't happen to have a suitable
replacement on hand.  A new nut will have to be ordered from
Lockwood.  Always something.  No great rush as long as it's here
sometime next week while I'm at Airventure.  With any luck, I can fix
things next weekend.  Then I can get the engine going again and
rebalance the carbs.

Hope to see a lot of you folks at Airventure!

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Aircraft Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208