Europa-List: Re: Aircraft Covers in U.K.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Aircraft Covers in U.K.
From: kees de bussy <keesdebussy@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:53:14

I have used Jaxida covers during last winter. Since February I have hangar
space.
Just before I got the hangar space the first bubbles appeared. In the hangar
they almost disappeared, but now they are coming back and their number and size
are increasing.

Is this because the plane was sitting outside, in the covers ? I don't know, but
I could not determine  a clear relation between the area's which were more humid
or the area's which were absolutely always dry.

The covers are o.k. but not perfect, after longer periods of rain it is pretty
humid at certain places underneath and then it takes quite a while to dry up
again
(few days). S0 my experience is that during longer periods with bad weather
the plane is far better off in a hangar. During summers like we have in Holland
I think it would do no harm to keep the plane outside in good covers.

regards

Kees de Bussy
Europa XS PH-SBR

Read this topic online here: