Europa-List: Nowegian scenery from May

Subject: Europa-List: Nowegian scenery from May
From: James Clive R <clive.james@uk.bp.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 14:28:17
 I delivered a plane to Norway for a friend in April. I went the long
way round but by the last leg (Sweden Save-Stavanger) got brave enough
to take a short cut across the South of the South of Norway. I regretted
it at the time and the steer about the engine out options have now put a
return trip to Norway bottom of my list. After we landed at Stavanger I
was pleased with my decision to go direct rather than follow any more
coast. The options at times don't actually bear thinking about. The
survival suit is the way to go, should be even when channel crossing but
I suppose you have to do the numbers in your own head to decide.
If I lived and flew in Norway I would need a BRS, same thought as when
in parts of Spain.

Has to be done once though.......
Regards, Clive