Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp Propellers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp Propellers
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:09:11

After a long time being very quite i called the investigator today, since i had
not heard anything. He has finished the report a long time ago, and forwarded
it to his peer: The investigation court. Now he promised to ask the judge for
permission to forward the report to me. Strange habits, especially if you think
of flight safety. So in a few days i hope to be able to publish the report
here.

Netherthelesss some facts came up allready: The cause of the accident could not
be determined without reasonable doubt. The pitch motor was fully blocked, but
damage caused by impact and fire could not be excluded. The blade pitch was
0, not negative.  The parts are still there, and it looks that i may have a look
on my planned visit to Austria this Autumn.

I have been looking with awe to the pichture of the "mechanical stops" What i
see
is a slot, same as a blade i have.

It is very clear from the picture that there is damage in the BOTTOM of the
slot,
not on the end. Same on the blade here. This can only be caused by the end
stop bolt, scraping over the bottom of the slot. It seems very possible that in
my case, under high centrifugal force, this caused the blade to lock, motor
to burn, and the rest of the story is history.

Kind Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org