Europa-List: Flying to Norway

Subject: Europa-List: Flying to Norway
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 11:26:02
David Joyce's excellent information pamphlet titled "Flying from UK into
Europe" contains a list of countries not requiring prior permission for
Class A Permit aircraft, as well as a list of countries - including Norway -
believed to require prior permission.

I am pleased to inform anyone contemplating a flight to our country that
Norway does not require prior permission for homebuilt aircraft flying under
a valid "permit to fly" issued by another ECAC member state.  See "VFR-guide
2009" (written in English) for more details on this (p. 33) and a host of
other useful information for VFR flying in Norway, at

http://www.luftfartstilsynet.no/multimedia/archive/00006/VFR-guide_for_Norwa
y__6222a.pdf

The simplified customs and immigration clearance procedure for light
certified aircraft between Norway and another Schengen country described on
page 31 applies also for homebuilt aircraft (confirmed to me by customs
today).   The flight plan copy required by customs under this simplified
procedure may be sent by fax as stated in the guide, or by e-mail to
desken@toll.no

Regards,

Svein K. Johnsen

LN-SKJ