Re: Europa-List: Re: Door fit

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Door fit
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 18:35:08

rampil wrote:

> Hi John,
>   A few folks re-engineered the shoot bolt mechanism
> to add a third locking point at the bottom of the door into the side of
> the fuselage.  I don't know if this is effective in the long term.
>
> Ira
> --------
> Ira N224XS
John
don't do this, not approved in UK, it weakens the door sill too much..
You can make a nylon wedge/latch that will work just as well. Mal McLure
did it this way years ago. Neat and effective. Might have been Bob
Berube's idea although Jonti Docker suggested it too. He used to make
all the fuselage mouldings
Graham