RE: Europa-List: Fuel system

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuel system
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:24:51

>>Can anyone tell me why rotax swapped from parallel to series
arrangement for
>> the 914 fuel pumps . Also is it mandatory in the UK to have them in
series.

Rotax always had them in series - it was Europa who put them in
parallel. During testing of the UMA differential fuel pressure gauge it
was discovered that the parallel pumps were actually over pressurising
the system so the change was made to swing them back to series.

Incidentally, the UMA fuel pressure gauge mod is very easy to fit and
does work well. For those who are interested, the output of the UMA
differential fuel pressure sensor is 0-5v so should be compatible with
most glass panels capable of accepting a 0-5v input from fuel pressure
sensors.

Tony