Re: Europa-List: Subaru engine on the monowheel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Subaru engine on the monowheel
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:14:37

On Jun 28, 2009, at 11:45 AM, Michel AUVRAY wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am interested to receive experience informations to the subaru
> engine mounted on the monowheel. On the forum or off .
> Thanks

Michel,

Glenn Crowder is the go-to guy here in the US; he's been flying w/ a
RAM Performance (www.ramengines.com) engine based on the EA81and a
Marcotte psru; Glenn flies a Classic Monowheel; his email is:
gcrowder2@hotmail.com

; he'll be happy to share his experiences with you.

Though Glenn's engine has carburation, the RAM engines being sold
today are all MPEFI and are available @ 115 hp (NA) and 140 hp (either
dual ported or w/ supercharger). The published weight (wet) is 176 lbs
+ 11 lbs for the supercharger. "Wet" weight does not include radiator
or exhaust system, which might lead one to question how much, if any,
of the required coolant is included in the figure.

Fred
A194

--
believed to be clean.