Europa-List: Fuel Smell, Gone?

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Smell, Gone?
From: david miller <loboloda@execulink.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 14:29:46

I've been searching for the source of an elusive whiff of autogas
that normally occurs about 20 minutes or so into the flight.
No trace of any leaks can be found, however I've suspected the
venting system, as when I had an unwashed plane, a trail in the dust
led from the vent, along the port side of the fuselage, under the
tail and into the slot for the trim tab/anti servo arm.
Seemed too unlikely to be the source of a smell in the cockpit,
however I just completed the fuel venting mod back into the tank and
today
1.5 hours in hot bumpy conditions, with a full tank, produced not a
trace of a smell.
I'm probably being to optimistic, too soon, but here's hoping!

Dave C-FBZI