Europa-List: Europa - folding bikes

Subject: Europa-List: Europa - folding bikes
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:00:07

I am considering buying a folding bike to carry in our Europa and wondered
if any owners had experience of this. Please note we have the old style non
extended baggage bay.

I have just changed jobs recently and my companys head office is about a 150
mile drive away. I only have to visit occasionally but I thought it might be
fun to drop in by air - 70 nautical miles  from our local airfield Bicester.
Problem is the nearest airfield at the other end, Earls Colne is 5 miles
---From the company. If I had a small folding bike I could ride there (just me,
no passenger).

Question is how easy is it to get a folding bike into the aircraft
(passenger seat or baggage bay) and if so what would be the best size/ make.

Any advice appreciated.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS

Scanned by iolo AntiVirus 1.5.6.4