Re: Europa-List: Re: fuel pressure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: fuel pressure
From: ofamerica.com YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:28:37
Not to differ Frans,  but to comment.

The differential is absolutely necessary, but I do the math to check MP
vs Fuel Pressure, it keeps me alert.  I don't fly above 10,000 so it
rarely matters in my type flying.  I measure the pressure off the
regulator to watch my fuel filter health.  A drop in fuel pressure
indicates a fuel filter in need of servicing.  Learned that the hard way
in test flying.

It would be the department of redundant redundancy to measure both
differential and MP and fuel manifold pressures, but wouldn't it be
neat.

Just my thoughts.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight