Re: Europa-List: LG13 Brake Lever Dimensions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: LG13 Brake Lever Dimensions
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:47:19

>you're supposed to replace the existing handle on the monowheel
>brake with a LG13, which didn't find its way into my kit. Anyone
>know the dimensions of this item

Dan - the crucial dimensions are at the bottom end, where you need to
make the hole sizes, and their relationships to the edges and end of
the lever, the same as the original short supplied lever.

The top end can be (within reason) as long as you like, to get a good
grip on it. Don't make the lower handle-securing hole so low that it
fouls the top of the tunnel.

I can't get at mine easily to measure it as it's attached to the
reservoir, and hidden inside a turned mahogany handle (which also
extends it slightly).

Attached is a picture of the new lever before the handle was fitted
to it. Sorry, I don't seem to have a picture of both levers for
comparison.

regards

Rowland